Top 100 Tools for Product Managers
Top 100 Tools for Product Managers
IDEA MANAGEMENT AND SYNDICATION
• Medium: Everyone’s stories and ideas.
• Javelin: Test your startup idea without wasting time or money.
• Germ.io: Get from idea to execution.
• Skitch by Evernote: Your ideas become reality faster.
SURVEYS and A/B TESTING
• Typeform: Free beautiful online survey & form builder.
• Qualaroo: Get feedback from users with an interactive survey widget.
• Optimizely: One optimization platform for websites and mobile apps.
• Tally: Create polls in no time.
• Coursera: Free online classes from 80+ top universities & organizations.
• Khan Academy: Free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
• Skillshare: Unlock your creativity with free online classes & projects.
• Codecademy: Learn to code interactively, for free.
• Startup Notes: Startup School invites amazing founders to tell their story.
• ThePitch (Podcast): Where founders pitch their startups to investors.
• Pricing Course: A free 9 day course on charging what you’re worth.
• GrowthHackers: Exactly what it sounds like.
• Mailchimp: Send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free.
• ManyContactsBar: Free contact form sits on top of your website.
• Hello Bar: Get more email subscribers.
• Sumome List Builder: Collect email addresses with light box popover.
• Sumome Scroll Box: Capture more email addresses, politely.
ORGANIZE & COLLABORATE
• Trello: Keeps track of everything.
• Evernote: The workspace for your life’s work.
• Dropbox: Free space up to 2GB.
• Slack: Free for unlimited users with few limited features.
• Google Hangouts: Bring conversations to life with photos, emoji and group video calls.
• Join.me: Free screen sharing and video/phone calls.
• FreeConferenceCall: Decent conference call quality (even international) for $0.
SUPPORT AND ENGAGE YOUR CUSTOMERS
• Intercom: A fundamentally new way to communicate with your customers.
• Zendesk: Brings companies and their customers closer together.
• Mobile Action: Killer app store optimization and analytics platform. All you need in addition to iTunes tracking to understand your app under <100k downloads.
• Parse: A free push notification service (up to 1MM messages/month) to integrate into your app.
• Apptentive: The tools you need to listen to, engage with, and retain your mobile customers in-app.
ANALYTICS AND EVENT TRACKING
• Mixpanel: Define and track events, segments, and funnels quickly and easily.
• Heap: Mixpanel without any development work needed to create events.
• Google Analytics: Your go-to free platform for tracking site visitors, mapping behaviors, and creating live dashboards.
FIND CONTENT AND TRACK TRENDS
• Buzzsumo: Analyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor.
• Feedly: Compiles news feeds from a variety of online sources for the user to customize & share.
• Google Trends: A new way of displaying trending searches.
SEO + WEBSITE ANALYZERS
• SimilarWeb: Analyze website statistics for any domain.
• Open Site Explorer by Moz: A comprehensive tool for link analysis.
• Ahrefs: Site explorer & backlink checker.
• Quick Sprout: Complete analysis of your website.
• SEO Site Checkup: SCheck your website’s SEO problems for free.
• SERPs Rank Checker: Free keyword rank & SERP checker.
• Google Pagespeed Insights: Check the performance of your site.
• Pingdom: Test the load time of a site.
SCREENSHOTS/MOCKUPS OF APPS AND WEBSITES
• Dunnnk: Beautiful mockups.
• InstaMockup: Create beautiful screenshots of your app or website.
• Canva: Amazingly simple graphic design for bloggers.
• Social Image Resizer Tool: Create optimized images for social media.
SOCIAL MEDIA + COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
• Pagemodo: Everything you need for a powerful Social Media presence.
• SocialRank: Identify, organize, and manage your followers on Twitter.
• WriteRack: The best way to tweetstorm.
• MyTweetLinks: Increases Twitter traffic.
• Latergramme: Easily plan & schedule your Instagram posts.
• Justunfollow: Follow / unfollow people on Twitter & Instagram.
• Ritetag: Instant hashtag analysis.
• Bitly: Create, share, and track shortened links.
• Addthis: Get more shares, follows and conversions.
• App Review Monitor: App reviews delivered to Slack and your inbox.
• Presskit Generator: Generate a Press Kit for your iOS App for free.
DESIGN RESOURCES AND INSPIRATION
•Figma: Design collaboratively, build prototypes, and leverage best-in-class integrations
• Freebbble: High-quality design freebies from Dribbble.
• Google Fonts: Free, open-source fonts optimized for the web.
• The Noun Project: Thousands of glyph icons from different artists.
• Premium Pixels: Free stuff for creatives.
• Fribbble: Free PSD resources by Dribbblers curated by Gilbert Pellegrom.
• SketchAppResources: Free graphical resources.
• Squarespace Free Logo: You can download free low-res version for free.
• Site Inspire: Web design inspiration.
• Land-Book: Product landing pages gallery.
• Icon Finder: Free icon section of the website.
FREE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY
• Stock Up: Best free stock photo websites in one place.
• Pexels: Best free photos in one place.
• All The Free Stock: Free stock images, icons, and videos.
• Unsplash: Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos.
• Startup Stock Photos: Go. Make something.
• Super Famous: Photos by Dutch interaction designer Folkert Gorter.
• Picography: Free hi-resolution photos.
• Pixabay: Free high quality images.
QA AND TESTING
• Window Resizer: See how your site looks on various screen resolutions.
• CrossBrowserTesting: Test your site on the same browsers and devices your customers use.
DISCOVER TOOLS & STARTUPS
• Product Hunt: Curation of the best new products, every day.
• Launching Next: Get the best new startups delivered to your inbox daily.
• Inbound: Get trending inbound marketing info in your inbox.
• AngeLlist: Where the world meets startups.
• Beta List: Discover and get early access to tomorrow’s startups.
NEWSLETTERS THAT DON’T SUCK
• Startup Digest: Personalized newsletter for all things startup in your area.
• Tech.co: A refreshing alternative to TechCrunch.
• TheSkimm: An edgy update on what happened in the last 24 hours.
• Elance: Now apparently called UpWork.
• Guru: Find and hire talented freelancers for anything.
• Gun.io: Find the development help you need. You even get a “Hacker Ambassador” to show you the way.
• CooleyGo: Incorporation Packages and other free legal documents:
• Kiss: Free legal docs for startup founders and investor.
• Docracy: An open collection of free legal documents.
• Shake: Create, sign and send legally binding agreements in seconds. Free for personal use.